Strawberry and Quinoa Salad
by Sharon Katzman, Nutritionist at Chambers Center for Well-Being
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
- 1 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
- 4 ounces baked tofu (extra firm, organic)
- coconut aminos (or low-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 cup leafy greens
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup steamed broccoli, cooled
- ¼ cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ lemon juiced
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1-2 cloves garlic (to taste)
Place ingredients in high powered blender until creamy.
- Remove excess water from extra firm organic tofu and cut tofu into cubes. Sprinkle tofu with coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce and toss gently to coat. For extra crispiness, sprinkle tofu evenly with arrowroot starch and any seasonings of your choice. Spread evenly on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper and bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes, flipping after 15 minutes. If you prefer your tofu crisper, bake for a few extra minutes.
- Follow packages instructions for quinoa.
- Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until evenly mixed.
- Combine baked tofu in a large bowl with cooked quinoa, vegetables, and strawberries. Toss with Tahini dressing and enjoy!
Nutritional Facts (per serving):
- 107 calories
- 3.2 g fat
- 15.1 g carbohydrates
- 3.4 g sugar
- 5.6 g protein
- 137.9 mg sodium
- 64 calories
- 4.1 g fat
- 4.1 g carbohydrates
- 1.6 g sugar
- 1.4 g protein
- 213.6 mg sodium